Are you meeting your partner’s parents for a Holiday week in the wild suburbs? Or maybe you’re meeting your family cross country for a loud, crazy Christma-channa-kwanzika getaway? Perhaps you’re playing it cool and catching up with friends….whatever you’re doing…you want to look great for this Holiday season!
These are just a few of the wintery essentials that I take with me when I’m going on a trip to see family, my boyfriends family or just catching up with friends. I really don’t like trying that hard during my Christmas break…so I usually go for a more minimalist approach.
Most of these are trial size thanks to Birchbox and Glossybox and all the great makeup samples I get every month…but you can often find the smaller sample sizes of your favorite products at Sephora, Birchbox, Ulta or your drugstore as well.
TSA is happy, your wallet is happy and your family won’t make fun of you for lugging a quarter ton of makeup with you on a week trip.
In my bag:
- Smashbox Full Exposure Palette. Light, thin and with a full range of neutrals. Sephora, $22.
- Revlon eyelash curler: CVS
- Almay Smart Shade CC cream: DuaneReade (on sale now for $4.99!!!)
- Covergirl Concealer: CVS,
- Benefit High Beam (mini): Part of a set: Sugarlicious cheek and lip set, Sephora, $28
- Sephora waterproof retractable brow pencil: Sephora, $13
- Tarte “Park Avenue Princess” Bronzer : Sephora, $9 for the set. I love this because it’s a light bronzer, that’s small, affordable and makes me feel like a Baltimore Park Avenue princess!
- Tarte Awakening LipSurgence Power pigment lipcolor: Glossybox score! This stays on forever and is super matte. Layer a balm or a gloss over for a nice neutral look. Also doubles as a good lipliner.
- Covergirl Perfect Point eyeliner in black and brown: CVS, $5. These are the basics for a reason. The included blender is awesome, and I prefer this style of eyeliner to the traditional for everyday use.
- Inka Certified Organic Eyeliner in Green Lagoon: Glossybox score. This organic eyeliner is a shimmery sea green. I was surprised to find it really wearable and not too “club.” Use it when the rest of your outfit is neutral (great with black and white) or you’re feeling blah this winter. Plus it’s certified organic…a rare but supportable cause!
- EcoTools Brush Set: CVS, varies. ALL of these brushes are amazing. I never use anything else because they’re so great. Good for the environment, super soft and incredibly affordable. These are an all around win.
- Eyeko Felt tip eyeliner pen: Birchbox, Alexa Chung knows a good cateye, and this is her preferred brand. This pen came as a Birchbox bonus, and I’ve loved it ever since. Perfect for people with little patience for a traditional liquid eyeliner, it’s like a little marker! Bella!
- Makeup Forever mini mascara: Free gift from Sephora for VIB birthday
- Revlon Translucent pressed powder compact: CVS,
- Clear topcoat: Julep, $18, $14.40 for Mavens.
- L’Oreal whipped blush: CVS, $6
- SuperGoop SPF serum: Birchbox, Trial size
What are your favorite products for travel? Are you more of a minimalist, or do you like to get more creative on your trips?
About the Charm City Thriftanista:
Kelly-Lynne is a Social Media strategist by day,
writer and dreamer by dusk. She loves vintage
and cookies, but not vintage cookies. She lives the
beautiful Mount Vernon, Baltimore City.
You can find her at @kellynner on Twitter!