Over the past few years I’ve been loving my two quarterly fun boxes, FabFitFun (which I’m sure you have heard of) and my new-to-most favorite, AllTrue (which just changed names from “Causebox” but is the same thing).
Which is better, FabFitFun or AllTrue box (now Causebox)? Which do you like more?
The short answer is I like both, but there are some key differences. They both bring me joy, and I now pay for them for a full year to save money.
What do you get with a FabFitFun box membership?
FabFitFun is a quarterly box that you get each season (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) and can customize depending on the level of membership you have. I have the Annual Membership ($179.99/ full year …but I believe I had a discount on that) which allows me to customize my box fully. Seasonal Members have fewer customization options and pay $49.99 billed per seasonal box (4 times a year). Typically, boxes have two higher price bigger items (mine this Summer were a Society6 picnic blanket and Obe Resistance bands with a two-year membership), 2-3 lower price items which are often beauty based (mine were a Supergoop unscreen sunscreen, a sparkly body oil, and a hydration mask). Then there is usually one wild card kind of item (mine was two pairs of Kate Spade barre socks or a plus-size Amanda Uprichard belt bag). Here’s the breakdown of my subscription with FabFitFun.
- Cost: $179.99 plus taxes for a full year of membership – includes four boxes a year, access to FabFitFun extras like video workouts, etc.
- Special discounts for first time users?: Yes! Click here to get $10 off your first box
- Number of Items:
- App?: Yep!
- Favorite Box items: Society6 picnic blanket, Show Me Your Mumu floral robe, Kate Spade lunchbox, Alice & Olivia weekender, Kate Spade barre socks, Ouai leave in conditioner (already a favorite), West Elm bowls.
What do you get with a Alltrue (Causebox) box membership?
AllTrue is a quarterly box that you get each season (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) and can customize depending on the level of membership you have. I have the Annual Membership ($199.80 for a full year or $54.95 a quarter) which allows me to customize my box fully. Seasonal Members cannot customize and pay $54.95 billed per quarterly box. Boxes have 6-8 full size ethically-made products per season(this Fall a cute Raffia “Welcome” mat and a techy mug warmer or a hammock), usually 1-2 of the items which are often beauty based (mine this quarter was a Huna skin balm). . Here’s the breakdown of my subscription with AllTrue.
- Cost: $199.80 plus taxes for a full year of membership (got a discount on mine for members) – includes four boxes a year (each seson)
- Shippment months:
- Special discounts for first time users?: Yes! Click here to get $10 off your first box (Only for 11.26-11.28.2021 get the AllTrue winter box for $25 with code “GATHER”)
- Number of Items:
- Pause/Skip?/Cancel: As an Annual Member, you can pause your membership at anytime prior to the 1st day of the next seasonal month (March, June, September, and December), if you would prefer to skip an upcoming box.
- Tips: The annual subscription is so worth it, because seasonal members cannot really customize.
- App?: Yep!
- Favorite Box items: Machete gold choker, gold hoop earrings I wear everyday, eco-phone charger, pre-tared produce bags for shopping, a Stojo cup, a hammock, a mug warmer and mug with lid.
*This post contains affiliate links in the form of discounts to both subscriptions! Thank you for your support!